Monday, November 4, 2019

Silly Songs - Thanksgiving Edition

The Silly Songs posts are definitely inspired by my years as a Girl Scout leader. We learned new songs regularly and often shared some of our favorites with other troops when it came time to camp. The songs I've shared here are Thanksgiving themed but many of my troops loved to sing them year round. Enjoy!
Mr. Turkey
Sung to If You're Happy and You Know It

Gobble-gobble, Gobble-gobble says the bird,
Gobble-gobble, Gobble-gobble says the bird,
Mr. Turkey gobble-gobbles
and his feet go wobble-wobble
Gobble-gobble, Gobble-gobble says the bird.
Turkey, Turkey
Sung to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Turkey, turkey, look at you,
Please be careful what you do.
Thanksgiving Day is almost here,
We eat turkey every year.
Go and hide out in the woods,
And we'll eat pizza like we should!
The Pilgrims are Coming
Sung to When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again

The Pilgrims are coming to celebrate,
Hurrah, Hurrah!
The Pilgrims are coming to celebrate
Thanksgiving Day.
The Pilgrims are coming so don't be late
We'll eat and dance to celebrate.
And we'll all be glad so hurry and don't be late!
The Turkey Ran Away
Sung to The Farmer in the Dell

The turkey ran away,
Before Thanksgiving Day
He said, "They'll make a roast of me
I If decide to stay!"

I hope you and your kiddos enjoy these songs as much as my groups did! Do you have special songs that you share for Thanksgiving? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girl Scout Fun Ideas - February Edition

I've worked with Girl Scouts for nearly two decades (it really doesn't feel like that long!) and one of the things I loved mo...