Wednesday, October 17, 2018

13 Days of Halloween 2018 - Day 3

Day 3 on our 13 Days of Halloween adventure just so happens to be National Pasta Day. Now, I'm not one to ignore any holiday so we had to incorporate both events into one. This is a project for Noodle Man! Okay, well, I guess Noodle Man is the project here, but you get the idea.
I used the Pasta Skeleton craft from Enchanted Learning back when I was a classroom teacher and this was the project I immediately thought of when I realized National Pasta Day was going to be involved with the 13 Days of Halloween.
The project over at Enchanted Learning is kind of an artist's representation of the craft. There are no really photos of the completed project and the illustration shows lima beans as the pelvis (lima beans! on Mr. Noodle? I think not!). Our representation is completely made of pasta (because how can one be Mr. Noodle if he's got beans in him?). Our version is made up of two different sizes of shell pasta, wagon wheel pasta, small elbow macaroni, orzo, trofie, acini de pepe, and boccocini. I'm sure you could do this with a lot less "interesting" pasta, but hey, it is National Pasta Day, so we kind of ran with it.
Do you celebrate National Pasta Day at your Club? What kinds of activities do you do? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girl Scout Fun Ideas - February Edition

I've worked with Girl Scouts for nearly two decades (it really doesn't feel like that long!) and one of the things I loved mo...