Thursday, October 18, 2018

13 Days of Halloween 2018 - Day 4

For the fourth day of Halloween my true love gave to me....chocolate cupcakes? Well of course, because it's National Chocolate Cupcake Day. However, we can't share just plain old chocolate cupcakes for a 13 Days of Halloween post, so instead, here are some fantastically freaky takes on cupcakes that your little ghouls will gobble up!
Witch Hat Cupcakes from Takes Better From Scratch

Graveyard Cupcakes from Your Homebased Mom

Marshmallow Ghost Cupcakes from Our Family of Seven

Halloween Dirt Cupcakes from Like Mother, Like Daughter

Mummy Cupcakes from Frugal Mom, Eh

And my personal favorite, Frankenstein Cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake.
While chocolate cupcakes aren't exactly a healthy snack choice, they are really, really yummy. If we were implementing a cooking lesson like these at our Club, we might do some easy healthy swaps - applesauce for the oil, and mashed bananas for the eggs in the cake mix for example. But, the truth is, there are times when I let "healthy" fly out the window and just embrace the "fun". I think this would be one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girl Scout Fun Ideas - February Edition

I've worked with Girl Scouts for nearly two decades (it really doesn't feel like that long!) and one of the things I loved mo...